Hello ICLW-ers and welcome to We Are Learning To Make Fire. I know, I know, it’s a mouthful. It comes from a poem by the incredible Margaret Atwood. You can read it here.
Some quick facts about me:
- For much of my life, I was positive I didn’t want kids. I was vocal about it. And then, sometime around my 31st birthday, I completely changed my mind. The universe seems to think this is hilarious.
- I turned 35 this past summer, which means that the inevitable “when are you starting a family” questions are now followed by “you know you’re not getting any younger right”. Riiight. As a side note, I would like to thank all the well meaning folks for clarifying this for me. WHAT WOULD I DO WITH OUT YOUR WISDOM?
- My husband is 2 years younger than I am. We met 9 years ago. We’ve been married for 2.
- We are currently in the middle of our second IUI cycle. It’s not going so great.
- While waiting (and waiting and waiting) for this baby stuff to happen we shower all of our parental affection onto this little guy. We love him to pieces.
This is Bear. He is awesome.
Thanks for stopping by!