The good(ish) news is, I think I ovulated last week. The bad news is, I am not sure when or how or if it was any good. A run down:
- 9/24 – get my first positive OPK
- 9/25 – ultrasound, Dr. P says there’s been no growth from last u/s 4 days ago. 2 follicles measuring around 10mm plus a hand full of smaller ones. Cancels IUI cycle, thinks I’m not going to ovulate. Says there is a remote chance I ovulated and we just missed it.
- 9/26 – temperature goes up just .1 degree. OPK still positive.
- 9/27 – temperature shoots up .4 degrees (but is still lower than my usual temperature range is during this part of my cycle).
- 9/28 – 10/1 – temperatures stay elevated. FF marks my chart as ovulating on 9/27.
- 10/2 – progesterone drawn, 12.7
Just got off the phone with the phlebotomist and she says the 12.7 means I ovulated, but that the number is low. Still, it’s possible yesterday was only day 5, since we’re not sure when I ovulated. She is going to review with my doctor and get back to me. Here’s where I’m confused. I thought you couldn’t ovulate until the follicles were a certain size? I was measuring around 10mm on Tuesday so it doesn’t seem like 1 or 2 days was enough time for them to grow enough to pop. I asked my Dr. about it yesterday and she is just as confused as I am. She thinks if I did ovulate, it wasn’t any good. Why does this process have to be so confusing? Feeling so frustrated today.